Financial Advisor to Bank Regarding Foreclosed Vineyard
Interim Management, Sellside M&A
The Bottom Line:
Achieved the lender’s targeted return of capital on its loan to a vineyard suffering from severe capital constraints.
After foreclosing on the property, the bank retained Stapleton in late summer to turn around operations, salvage inventory and monetize ready-to-harvest grapes.
- Sourced and negotiated harvesting contract in less than 2 weeks.
- Salvaged large portion of the crop, which had been neglected throughout the summer.
- Negotiated the sale of the crop, returning proceeds to the bank.
- Generated cash flow to fund operations throughout the engagement.
- Prepped the farm for winter.
- Negotiated future water rights to assure a successful going-concern sale.
- Listed farm with broker and managed the sale process through successful closing.